With the help of Jason from Thompson I am now the proud owner of a modified OvidSP import filter that allows me to import the ANNOTATION field into my Endnote Library! No one at Ovid was able to help but Jason took over my computer remotely and showed me the way! Yeah Jason!
Here are the steps he took
- Open Endnote
- Under Edit-go to Import Filters>Open Filter Manager
- Select the filter you want to Edit (in this case Medline(OvidSP))
- Click the edit button
- Go to Template on the left hand menu
- Check that you are on the Reference Type “Journal Article.” That is the default for OvidSP Medline
- Go to the end of the template and in the last field hit the enter key
- In the Tag column type (or copy and paste from a cite.txt file) ANNOTATION –
- Move to the field column and using the drop down menu from the Insert Field button choose Research Notes (this means your annotations will appear in your citation in Research Notes.)
- That’s it!
I need to do it for all the OvidSP database filters.